Springfield, MO 65804
Branson, MO 65616
Carthage, MO 64836
Dr. Allai and staff value your time, so we will do our best to schedule your appointments at times that work best for you. Many appointments can be seen after school hours. However, all appointments cannot be seen after school. The placement or removal of braces, the placement of additional appliances, and the repair of broken appliances are always accomplished in non-peak, during school hours. We understand things can come up when you have to reschedule appointments. A 24 hour notice is always appreciated. This gives another patient the opportunity to be helped during the time you had scheduled.
We try our best to handle late arrivals depending on the nature of the appointment. Missed afternoon appointments may have to be rescheduled during school because of the understandable popularity of these visits. If you forget to schedule for a missed appointment, we will send a courtesy postcard as a reminder to reschedule.
Our policy for scheduling appointments is as follows
- Our longest appointments are made in the mornings which will typically consist of full starts and removal braces.
- Always schedule your next appointment before leaving the office.
- We offer the service of removing your arch wires prior to your cleaning appointments at the dentist. Please give us a week notice prior to the cleaning appointment.
- It is required that you call our office in the event a bracket becomes broke/loose prior to your scheduled appointment. We’ll want to fix it for your own comfort.
- We do have a home call system that will give a courtesy call the evening before any scheduled appointments.
- Before and after school appointments are available.
It is very helpful if you set aside time for appointments, exams, check-ups, etc. This will help you in planning
- New patient exam 40-50 minutes
- Regular check-up 10-20 minutes
- Records 40-50 minutes
- Brace removals 60 minutes
- Full starts 70 minutes
At Each Appointment
At each appointment, we ask that you take some routine steps before you leave. These steps will minimize discomfort related to irritation from the braces and ensure an optimal response to treatment.
Please make these steps a part of each office visit
- Use your finger and tongue to check that wire ends do not extend into areas which might poke or abrade the cheek or tongue.
- Make sure you understand what you are to do until your next appointment. This could include wearing headgear or elastics as instructed, adjusting the expander or following specific hygiene or diet instructions.
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of dental wax, special cleaning aids, elastic bands or other related materials to use between appointments.